A boat tour is a great start to exploring Chicago, but we will take you way beyond anything you could ever experience from a boat.
About This Tour Route...
On this tour, you will:
- See how brick walls can be made to "shimmer";
- Touch pieces of famous places from all around the world;
- See sweeping vistas of (and from) the Mag Mile;
- Enjoy a stroll along Chicago's brand new River Walk;
- Much, much more!
- Sundays at 2pm
- Tours last 2 hours
- Tours cover 1.5 miles on foot
- Ticket prices:
- $25 general admission (ages 11 and up)
- $20 children (ages 6-10) and seniors (over 65)
- Free for kids under 6
- Runs rain or shine, unless otherwise noted.
- Tour starts at the main entrance to the Park at Lakeshore East, located at the corner of E. Benton Place and N. Field Blvd. We meet next to the plaque at the top of the stairs.
You've seen one side of Chicago -- the "boat" side, the side that every visitor sees, and that everyone who lives here brings visitors to see. We've heard it 1,000 times. So let Inside Chicago Walking Tours show you a totally hidden side of this otherwise "been-there, done-that" experience of Chicago! Your guide, Hillary, got her start in the tourism industry by giving tours on the Chicago River, and part of her motivation for starting her own company was to provide an experience of the interiors and on-the-ground details of popular boat tour buildings to the many, many visitors who've only toured Chicago by boat.
Based on this background in the boat tour industry, Inside Chicago Walking Tours has created a wonderfully complementary experience to the classic Chicago boat tour. Our "Beyond the Boat" tour is the perfect yin to any Chicago architecture boat tour's yang. Curious to see the ornate French Gothic details of the famous Tribune Tower up close? We'll do that. Don't know how that boring black box next to the "corncob towers" can be considered "beautiful" at all? Well, you're in for a spectacular surprise. Think the only stunning views of Chicago are from 95 floors up and you have to pay to get them? We're happy to prove you wrong.
The Chicago River, flowing silently through the heart of the city, provides amazing and world-famous views of over a hundred years' worth of architecture, and it's a wonderful idea to see it from a boat... as an introduction. But wouldn't you like to see more? Wouldn't you like to get inside Chicago? If you only experience Chicago from a boat, you're missing more than half of its beauty. Let Inside Chicago Walking Tours show you the fascinating “second side” of an architectural boat tour!