Whatever the size of your group, Inside Chicago Walking Tours' engaging, fully customizable tours are a great option for a group activity. Because each client's interests are different, we customize experiences for that client — no two private tours are alike! Here are a few examples of private tours we've done for a wide range of client types:
- A couple wanting to spoil themselves with a day-long private tour;
- A family reunion of 20 people, meeting in Chicago from around the country;
- A corporate outing of 40 people who work in downtown Chicago and had never bothered to get to know the area outside of work;
- A large group of 120 people who wanted a 1-hour tour while their spouses and family were attending a conference event;
- A jazz-themed corporate tour that focused on Art Deco architecture and ended with a private swing dance lesson;
- A "gangster" tour for a small French group making their way across the country on Route 66.
Content-wise, clients usually prefer to leave it up to us, and we fill a couple hours with some of the best (and our favorite) things to see downtown. We recommend to clients that they check out our public tour route descriptions to get a sense of what they might like to see, and we mix and match from there, adapting to their interests. Whether it's exploring a different neighborhood, experiencing a "power hour" between other tourist activities, or building a tour around a special interest in some historical period or architectural style, we are highly skilled at constructing and presenting tours that delight all visitors. And as you see from the pricing chart on this page, the bigger the group, the lower the price for everyone!
Want to get started or simply get more information? Feel free to get in touch using the form below!
For ideas about what's possible for private tour content, check out our current public tour routes, which can all be offered as private tours, or which might give you some inspiration for what you'd like to see on your customized private tour:
We also have a few routes that we do not currently offer as public routes, but that might be interesting to your group for a private tour: