All the "must do" Chicago stuff on one tour: the Mag Mile, Millennium Park, and LIVE MUSIC!
About This Tour Route...
Coming JUNE 2017...
On this brand new tour route, we'll explore Chicago's famous "Magnificent Mile," enjoying sweeping views of the Chicago River and learning about Chicago's founding father, Jean-Baptiste Pointe du Sable, while popping inside a few special spots to see stunning architecture and learn about Chicago's early days. The "Mag Mile" is so much more than a world-famous shopping destination, and we're excited to show it to you!
Crossing the Chicago River over the 1920 Michigan Avenue Bridge (now the "DuSable Bridge"), we'll make our way to the 2nd most popular tourist attraction in the entire state of Illinois, the gorgeous Millennium Park. To help you discover and understand what's so great about this famous park, Inside Chicago Walking Tours will walk you through the famous art, the layered gardens, the stunning views, the surprising history, and much more! "The Bean," for example, is SO much more than just a big silver jellybean: did you know that it has a bellybutton? Did you know that it weighs 200,000 pounds?
We will end this magical summertime tour with a "must-do" activity for all Chicagoans: taking advantage of the fun, free outdoor music offerings held throughout the summer. Our tour will end by dropping you off under the dusky Chicago early evening sky, just in time for the beginning of a classical concert featuring the music of Bach, Beethoven, and Mozart. And if you really want to make a romantic evening of it, you can pick up a bottle of wine from the Walgreen's across the street: it's allowed at these outdoor concerts!
Let Inside Chicago Walking Tours show you the more enchanting and interesting side of these beaten-path spots: as with all of our top-ranked tours, we'd love to show you the "second side of the Second City."
On this Brand New tour, you will:
- Go inside the beating heart of Chicago's water system;
- Understand what makes "The Bean" so enchanting, and get the must-have souvenir reflection photo with pro tips for the best shots;
- See our most famous buildings on the Mag Mile up close and personal;
- Enjoy a world-famous orchestra under the colored lights of the Jay Pritzker Pavilion;
- Much, much more!
- Wednesdays at 4:30pm (June, July, & August ONLY)
- Tours last 2 to 2.5 hours
- Tours cover 1.5 miles on foot
- Ticket prices:
- $25 general admission (ages 11 and up)
- $20 children (ages 6-10) and seniors (over 65)
- Free for kids under 6
- Runs rain or shine, unless otherwise noted.
- Tour starting point given upon ticket purchase. Check your ticket!