History isn’t just the big people, places, and events: it’s the little things — the unsung stories — that glue the pieces of the puzzle together.
About This Tour Route...
In just over 10 years, Millennium Park has become the 2nd most popular tourist attraction in the entire state of Illinois — second only to Navy Pier. To help you discover and understand what's so great about this famous park, Inside Chicago Walking Tours has created a special new tour route that covers the famous art, the layered gardens, the stunning views, the surprising history, and much more! "The Bean," for example, is SO much more than just a big silver jellybean: did you know that it has a bellybutton? Did you know that it weighs 200,000 pounds?
From Millennium Park, we'll travel north along Chicago's famous "Boule Michigan," enjoying sweeping views of the Chicago River and learning about Chicago's founding father, Jean-Baptiste Pointe du Sable, on our way to check out the stunning architecture and popular sights along one of the most famous shopping destinations in the world, the Magnificent Mile. The "Mag Mile" isn't just about shopping, though, and Inside Chicago Walking Tours is excited to take you inside some of the more fascinating — and overlooked — spots on this fun 1-mile stretch.
The Mag Mile & Millennium Park: two extremely popular destinations that hide so much more than most tourists will ever realize. Let Inside Chicago Walking Tours show you the more enchanting and interesting side of these beaten-path spots: as with all of our top-ranked tours, we'd love to show you the "second side of the Second City."
On this Classic tour, you will:
- A peaceful sunken garden oasis in the heart of the city;
- A glass-ceilinged place of quiet in the busy city center;
- The Harry Potter-esque "oldest" building in the Loop;
- An overview of downtown Chicago — in miniature;
- Much, much more!
- Sundays & Fridays at 2pm
- Tours last 2 hours
- Tours cover 1.5 miles on foot
- Ticket prices:
- $25 general admission (ages 11 and up)
- $20 children (ages 6-10) and seniors (over 65)
- Free for kids under 6
- Runs rain or shine, unless otherwise noted.
- Tour starting point given upon ticket purchase. Check your ticket!