Explore some of the most stunning interior spaces you’ll ever see — spaces you’d surely pass by without a glance if you weren’t shown them by a seasoned, in-the-know tour guide.
About This Tour Route...
You may have experienced the buzz of activity throughout Chicago’s Loop: business people and politicians rushing from meeting to meeting, tourists scurrying from sight to sight on their “To See” lists, suburbanites zipping from store to store on their shopping sprees. But you’ve probably never glimpsed the enchanting world that lies just behind the doors of many of the buildings that people pass by every day! Let Inside Chicago Walking Tours guide you away from the hustle and bustle of downtown Chicago, and into some of the most stunning interior spaces you’ll ever see — spaces you’d surely pass by without a second glance if you weren’t shown them by a seasoned, in-the-know tour guide.
Inside Chicago Walking Tours has scoured the Loop and carefully selected a number of buildings worth visiting for their interior architectural details, buildings that offer tourists the opportunity to enjoy over two centuries’ worth of hidden architectural wonders lying just behind the noisy façade of the Loop. On these walking tours, you’ll be amazed at the beauty lying just beyond the façade that everyone else sees. With Inside Chicago Walking Tours, you’ll get to know Chicago like you’ve never known it before!
Chicago’s Loop, full of offices, courtrooms, retail spaces, and all kinds of business, is truly an overlooked treasure in terms of its gorgeous interior spaces. There is so much beauty there, behind that noisy exterior: it’s a beauty that is visible and there for the taking, if we’d only open our eyes to see it! Let Inside Chicago Walking Tours show you this “second side” of the Second City!
On this Popular tour, you CAN SEE:
- Rooms full of gleaming marble and colorful stained glass mosaics;
- Art deco lobbies like you'd imagine in the roaring 1920s;
- Early Frank Lloyd Wright designs, inspired by masters;
- Amazing 80-foot ceilings covered in real gold;
- Much, much more!
- Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and Mondays at 11am
- NOTE: Weekday and weekend versions of this tour vary slightly, according to opening hours of buildings. We enjoy getting to show guests a greater variety given the two different options!
- Tours last 2 hours
- Tours cover 1.5 miles on foot
- Ticket prices:
- $25 general admission (ages 11 and up)
- $20 children (ages 6-10) and seniors (65+)
- Free for kids under 6
- Runs rain or shine, unless otherwise noted.
- Tour starting point given upon ticket purchase. Check your ticket!