Explore some of the most stunning interior spaces you’ll ever see – spaces you’d surely pass by without a second glance if you weren’t shown them by a seasoned, in-the-know tour guide.
About This Tour Route...
On this tour, You'll See:
- Rooms full of gleaming marble and colorful stained glass mosaics;
- Art deco lobbies like you'd imagine in the roaring 1920s;
- Early Frank Lloyd Wright designs, inspired by masters;
- Amazing 80-foot ceilings covered in real gold;
- Much, much more!
- Mondays & Fridays at 2pm
- Tours last 2 hours
- Tours cover 1.5 miles on foot
- Ticket prices:
- $25 general admission (ages 11 and up)
- $20 children (ages 6-10) and seniors (over 65)
- Free for kids under 6
- Runs rain or shine, unless otherwise noted.
- Tour starts outside of the Willis (formerly Sears) Tower, near the corner of Jackson and Wacker. We do NOT meet at any of the main entrances to the building, nor do we meet inside -- we meet in the plaza outside, at the corner of Jackson and Wacker.
You may have experienced the buzz of activity throughout Chicago’s Loop: business people and politicians rushing from meeting to meeting, tourists scurrying from sight to sight on their “To See” lists, suburbanites zipping from store to store on their shopping sprees. But you’ve probably never glimpsed the enchanting world that lies just behind the doors of many of the buildings that people pass by every day! Let Inside Chicago Walking Tours guide you away from the hustle and bustle of downtown Chicago, and into some of the most stunning interior spaces you’ll ever see – spaces you’d surely pass by without a second glance if you weren’t shown them by a seasoned, in-the-know tour guide.
Inside Chicago Walking Tours has scoured the Loop and carefully selected a number of buildings worth visiting for their interior architectural details, buildings that offer tourists the opportunity to enjoy over two centuries’ worth of hidden architectural wonders lying just behind the noisy façade of the Loop. On these walking tours, you’ll be amazed at the beauty lying just beyond the façade that everyone else sees. With Inside Chicago Walking Tours, you’ll get to know Chicago like you’ve never known it before!
Chicago’s Loop, full of offices, courtrooms, retail spaces, and all kinds of business, is truly an overlooked treasure in terms of its gorgeous interior spaces. There is so much beauty there, behind that noisy exterior: it’s a beauty that is visible and there for the taking, if we’d only open our eyes to see it! Let Inside Chicago Walking Tours show you this “second side” of the Second City!